Did you know that your front door is one of the most important areas of your home to address when working with Feng Shui?
The front door represents the “Mouth of Chi”. This is where we want to invite in good energy. Of course, if your front door is never used, dirty and squeaks when opening you can imagine the energy that is going to flow there. I always tell my clients to make their front doors “glow” with beauty. This is important even if you use your garage for daily ingress and egress. If you currently ONLY use the garage, create a routine or ritual of retrieving the mail or walking the dog using the front door.
Below is my front door check list of items to bring good energy towards your home.
1. Check in that there is sufficient lighting around the front door and replace any spent lightbulbs.
2. Decorate with beautiful planted pots or décor on either side of the door.
3. Add a welcome mat that looks fresh, clean and welcoming.
4. Ensure any glass is sparkling.
5. A beautiful welcome sign or décor on your door is an added bonus.
6. Make sure that your house number is easily visible.
7. Check in with your front door and make sure that it opens and closes smoothly.
Take a look at your front door today and give it a little TLC!